Who we are
Founded in June 2007 with the primary objective of bringing together scientists and clinicians for the furtherance of photodynamic medicine
The seeds of the EPPM were sown in September 2006 in Geneva at the Warwick Hotel at a meeting between Keyvan Moghissi (UK), Heinrich Walt (CH), Patrice Jichlinski (CH) and Giulio Jori (Italy). After a few months gestation period, the EPPM was officially formed in June 2007.
The EPPM was registered as a limited company at Company House (England & Wales) on the 29/06/07. Company No 6289572. The current registered Directors of the Company are:
- Keyvan Moghissi: Chairman & acting Secretary (following the death of Giulio Jori who was the Director/Secretary of the Company.
- Ernest Allan: Financial Director.
- Heinrich Walt: Director.
- Colin Hopper: Director.
What we do
We promote Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy
- We bring together clinicians, researchers and those involved in the science and practice of photodiagnosis and photodynamic medicine, linking with relevant existing organisations.
- We promote the propagation of clinical photodynamic therapy (PDT) through the training of clinicians and the raising of awareness amongst students in training and the general public.
- We facilitate scientific research leading to clinical applications, promoting clinical trials and identify new indications as well as expanding on those already existing.
- We organise scientific meetings for the presentation of scientific and clinical work on Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy in its broadest sense.
- We make representation to National and Pan-European authorities in matters concerned with photodynamic medicine and seek finance for the advancement of photodynamic therapy.